Meteor - Draft I
Curve the blackness and a void.
Across an unmarked path I glide.
Tilted to one side you bouyed,
A quarter seen, but most denied.
Through a vastness I have longed.
An Azure atmosphere I prize.
Sear and heat my heart of stone,
Cobalt bright when we collide.
The frisson etched in bluish white,
A skipping stone-I touch yet miss,
And fail once more to reunite,
And mine must be the briefest kiss.
For you and I are misaligned,
And gravity shall ebb once more,
To leave behind our burning time,
Yet grant me 'being' as I glow.
An incandescent scratch of light,
I pray this trace just once persists,
Recalled alone, some future night,
Then you might tilt your heart to us.
Until then; lighter than before,
I curve once more to the unknown,
Deflected, darkened at the core,
What pull retains a skipping stone?
A skipping stone - [draft 2]
1. I traced the darkness of the void. 
2. A meteor crossed the path I tried. 
3. This phase in life in which I'm buoyed, 
4. A quarter seen but most denied. 
5. We shared a time; me and my stone. 
6. A warmer atmosphere its prize. 
7. To sear and heat our hearts alone, 
8. Cobalt bright [ties] 
9. A frisson etched: A scratch of light. 
10. A skipping stone - I touch yet miss, 
11. And fail once more to reunite, 
12. And ours has been the briefest kiss.
13. For you and I are misaligned. 
14. And gravity shall ebb once more, 
15. To leave behind our [crossing time].
18. An incandescent scratch of light, 
19. Perhaps a trace just once persists, 
20. Recalled alone some future night, 
21. Then you might tilt your heart to us. 
22. Until then; lighter than before, 
23. I curve once more to the unknown; 
23. Deflected, darkened at the core, 
24. Some meteor: A skipping stone